Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flat Classroom

Taken from: http://123elearning.blogspot.com/2008/08/flattening-world-again-flat-classroom.html
         So Dr. Z is in China for the flatclassroom conference.  I was unable to attend the conference online because I was working that weekend.  I tried to see the video after but there was some technical difficulties. Of the few I was able to watch I think this idea is amazing. I would love to do this in the classroom.  Being able to let my students interact with the same age students around the world is the best way for student to experience diversity up close.   I have not been able to see how to incorporate flatclassroom with Early Childhood student. I do have a beginning idea how to use student from other countries into our classroom.  I could work with another teacher  around the world and come up with a unit  where my class is learning about the other classes culture and vice a versa. Each class can video chat on a regular visit throughout the unit.  It is just the beginning of an idea and still needs to be developed.  I would love input so please add.

No comments:

Post a Comment